Bannerad

What's New? Page 2

What's New Pages Image
The main purpose of the What's New? pages is to tell you about any news, and any changes, here at Richard's Game Reviews. However, I also use these pages as sort of an online journal; and I sometimes talk about day-to-day things in my personal life too.

I don't post to these pages regularly, or follow any certain schedule. In fact, I have been known not to post here for weeks, and occasionally even for months at a time. As I said in my very first What's New? post: I will post "as the spirit moves me." So, just check in here every once in a while to see if I have anything new to say.

What's New pages:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Friday, October 22, 2010

Disaster averted! Today I noticed that seven of my games were down including two of my oldest games: Deal or No Deal and Koala Checkers. I accidently found out about this while doing some routine maintenance on my site. For all I know, they could have been down for days?

This gives me the opportunity to remind everyone, once again, that if you do happen to notice that one of my games is down, or not working as it should, you can email me at richardsgamereviews@yahoo.com and let me know, so I can fix things as soon as possible. I really would appreciate that! However, an even better way to let me know, would be to post a comment on the game page. I don't always check my emails everyday, but I always check to see if I received any new comments each morning.

The following games were also down: Air Hockey, Ball Trap, Deluxe Pacman, Navy Battles, and Paradise Island Jigsaw Puzzle. I found new sources for all seven of these games and replaced the code. Also, for technical reasons I replaced the code for Flash Chess 3, another game that has been on my site for more than a year. Hopefully, everything is back to normal now. A very trying day... to say the least!

Friday, October 29, 2010

After about 3 weeks of having a live chatbox on my blog sidebar so everyone could chat with each other I decided, at least for the time being, to take it down. The response was underwhelming, to say the least. The response to the Heyzap game player has also been a disappointment, but I am going to leave that up because I still feel it adds value to my site.

This is Richard. I am sorry to say that the Heyzap game player was a total bust, and has long since been removed from my site.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

I owe a huge apology to everyone who uses Firefox to view my site. I made some changes recently, and I didn't check the Firefox browser to see how it may be affected. (I am so used to using Internet Explorer that I forget sometimes to check out the changes on Firefox). The game pages were not affected (at least that was good). But the category pages were unreadable. I found the problem and made the necessary correction. Hopefully, I learned a valuable lesson and I will remember to always check Firefox as well as Internet Explorer when I make future changes. Again, my sincere apologies.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

I am just republished the Word Sailing game. Originally, I published Word Sailing back on September 21. It worked for a few days, and then stopped working. So, I had to remove the published page from my site. I kept a draft of the game and I checked just about every single day to see if it was back working. Well, after not working for more than a month it is back to working again. So, let's all keep our fingers crossed that the problem is permanently solved.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Good news! The dermatologist office just called, and my latest 4 biopsies are all clear. Here is a little background information. Several years ago I went to the dermatologist for an unrelated problem and he decided, while I was in the office, to check my moles... something that had not even occurred to me to have done. He immediately spotted two moles that he told me would have likely developed into skin cancer. Luckily, those two came back clear too. He advised me to come back once a year, to have my moles examined, which is now something I do diligently every October or November. You should do the same. Visit your dermatologist at least once a year (or more often, if they recommend it) and have your skin examined. It only takes a few minutes, and it could very well save your life!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

I revised my footer once again. The fourth column no longer lists the game categories. (You can still check the game categories at the top of the page. Just use my scroll list on the right sidebar). The fourth column will now be used to list more games. Not only does this look better, but it is more functional too. Also, I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone in the U.S.A. a happy Thanksgiving!

This is Richard. Richard's Game Reviews has been compeletely redesigned since this post was written. I no longer use footer columns. I do still have the Game Categories in a scroll bar on the sidebar, but it is no longer at the top of the page. It is now closer toward the middle of the page.

What's New pages:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

If You Enjoyed This Post, Please Take 5 Seconds To Share It.

0 comments:

Post a Comment