Bannerad

What's New? Page 4

What's New Pages Image
The main purpose of the What's New? pages is to tell you about any news, and any changes, here at Richard's Game Reviews. However, I also use these pages as sort of an online journal; and I sometimes talk about day-to-day things in my personal life too.

I don't post to these pages regularly, or follow any certain schedule. In fact, I have been known not to post here for weeks, and occasionally even for months at a time. As I said in my very first What's New? post: I will post "as the spirit moves me." So, just check in here every once in a while to see if I have anything new to say.

What's New pages:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Friday, June 10, 2011

I was driving around town today running some errands (in West Covina, California where I live). To be totally accurate, I was actually in neighboring La Puente. The traffic was brutal. I guess it didn't help that it was a Friday afternoon. As I was leaving the bank I saw a traffic collision. Actually, I stand corrected. I didn't so much as see the accident (although I may have partially caught a brief glimpse out of the corner of my eye) but rather I heard it and then looked up. A female driver rear-ended another female driver who was stopped in traffic. Thankfully, neither driver seemed to be hurt but the car that rear-ended the other one had quite a bit of damage. They say that we should always drive defensively, but sometimes no matter how careful we are some accidents are unavoidable.

I finally decided to replace my dilapidated lawn mower. It had been missing one of its wheels for more than a year and was certainly beyond repair. I purchased another Craftsman lawn mower from Sears. I have always had pretty good luck with Sears lawn mowers. I think I am just about the only remaining person on my street who does their own gardening. I don't mind doing it myself, expect in the hot summer weather. Besides that, mowing the lawn is just about the only exercise I get since I quit going to the gym.

Monday, June 20, 2011

I apologize for not posting any new games for the last week or so. Sometimes life gets hectic! As soon as things get back to normal I will start publishing some new games at my usual pace of about 2 to 3 per week. In the meantime, if you haven't done so already, you might want to take a look at my Richard's Favorite Games page where I recommend some of my personal favorites.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Would you like a good laugh... at my expense? After about 2 hours of trying to assemble the handle on my new lawn mower, I put my mower back in my van and drove off to Sears. I told the sales clerk, who looked like he was barely out of his teens, that I could not figure out how to get the starter rope into the rope guide on the handle. He said "sometimes there can be a piece of cardboard on the bottom that can cause the blade not to rotate" and he asked me to bring it into the store. At first he couldn't figure out what was wrong but then he decided to look at the blade (which was obviously what I should have done in the first place). Once glance and we both could immediately see what was wrong. The handle was blocking the rotation of the blade. It turns out there are two sets of holes on the handle and I choose to put the bolts in the wrong ones. Of course, once the handle was pulled up and extended competely, the blade could now rotate and the starter rope could be pulled up onto the handle. In the meantime my lawn has been growing like a jungle (crabgrass certainly grows faster than regular grass). If there was a contest for weed growing I would win the blue ribbon! Now... let's see if I can figure out how to assemble the grass catcher.

Speaking of being mechanically challenged, my cousin bought me my first microwave as a Christmas present. Yes, I know it is almost the end of June and summer officially began yesterday, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to use it. It literally takes me several hours to cook one frozen dinner. I can't figure out how to make the microwave spin, nor do I know how long it will spin. After countless attempts, and reading the instruction book dozens of times, I finally decided to give up. (There was a guest on Jay Leno a few nights ago who was 100 years old. Jay asked her what she thought was the greatest invention in her lifetime. Her answer was "The microwave. Now I don't have to cook." So apparently a 100 year old woman can use a microwave, but not me). After my cousin returns from her Oklahoma vacation I will have to admit to my failure. But, at this point, even after she shows me how to use it I seriously doubt I will ever master the microwave. And, my freezer is half-filled with Weight Watchers microwave only frozen dinners.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

My next door neighbor if off on a 10 day papal visit to Rome on Saturday! Her brother is a priest and he was able to invite one person to go along. Their trip includes a visit with Pope Benedict XVI. This should be the trip of a lifetime! (I wonder if cameras are allowed inside the Vatican?)

Saturday, June 25, 2011

After not working for about almost 3 full months, the Gutterball bowling game is back working again. Go figure?

Saturday, July 23, 2011

After more than 10 months I reluctantly came to the conclusion that it was time to remove the Heyzap game player from my site. For some reason, it simply never did create much interest.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I just re-tooled my sidebars once again. Instead of having a drop-down arrow for the game categories I decided to go back to using a column format. Hopefully this will create a little more interest and make the information a little more accessible.

Monday, August 8, 2011

As you can see, I have added a large picture to the top of my site. The idea is to create a more professional look. After resizing the picture several times, and resizing and repositioning the header text, I now have a result I am happy with. I hope everyone likes the new design.

What's New pages:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

If You Enjoyed This Post, Please Take 5 Seconds To Share It.

0 comments:

Post a Comment