Bannerad

What's New? Page 5

What's New Pages Image
The main purpose of the What's New? pages is to tell you about any news, and any changes, here at Richard's Game Reviews. However, I also use these pages as sort of an online journal; and I sometimes talk about day-to-day things in my personal life too.

I don't post to these pages regularly, or follow any certain schedule. In fact, I have been known not to post here for weeks, and occasionally even for months at a time. As I said in my very first What's New? post: I will post "as the spirit moves me." So, just check in here every once in a while to see if I have anything new to say.

What's New pages:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Saturday, August 27, 2011

I just published a new page for my site named: 'Welcome to my Site.' If you haven't seen it, you can check it out by clicking the 'Welcome' tab at the top of the page. I felt I needed a focal point for my site. Something where everything could come together and explain what my site is all about. It took a lot of work, but I am very satisfied with the results. I feel it accomplishes what I set out to do.

Have you ever noticed that when I talk about my site that I almost always refer to it as my site, and I avoid using the word blog? That is actually done on purpose. Of course you and I both know that Richard's Game Reviews is really a blog. And blogs are certainly websites. I guess I feel, rightly or wrongly, that because this site (okay blog) is on the free platform of blogger and that I do not pay for hosting, that somehow it is less worthy. I have done to a lot of work to make it look a little less 'bloggy' (Is that even a word?) and to make it look more like a "regular" website. Of course, blogs do have their advantages. They are easy to use, and easy to publish. They also have some very useful features built-in, that most other websites do not have, such as Blog Archives.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A new gym is opening up in my neighborhood and I just signed up for a gym membership. It's time! I haven't been exercising for the last year and a half. (My old gym was too far away. At least that was the excuse I used to quit.) The last time I went regularly to the gym, I lost 35 pounds in the year and a half that I went. Now I have gained all of that weight back, except for 5 pounds. This new gym will not open for another month or so. The construction is taking longer than they expected. I could go to another, but much farther, one of their gyms. But, I think I will wait until the one closeby opens. (Yeah, I know another excuse). I hope, and believe, that this time I will be able to stick with it. The key is to be consistent, and persistent. And not to make excuses not to go. Once you start making excuses not to excerise, it get harder and harder to get back to that routine. Also remember that it takes a long time to gain the weight, and it will also take a long time to lose it.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

I am putting in a really cool feature for some of the games here at Richard's Game Reviews. You will now be able to play many of the games in Full Screen mode! This will be especially helpful for Hidden Object, Card, and Match 3 games. There will, hopefully, be no more squinting required! Watch for this exciting change coming in the next few days and weeks.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Well I finally bit the bullet and did a complete redesign of my entire site. After two years of looking at the same colors, I thought it was time for a change. I hope everyone likes the new look!

I just reread my entry above dated August 27th. I see that I wrote that blogs are easy to publish. Normally, that is the case, with the one big exception of installing a different template like I just did with my redesign. What a job! I don't think I will be doing that again... at least not for another two years. lol.

Friday, November 11, 2011

As you can see, I changed the backgound picture for my site. Instead of using an abstract picture, I am now going with a background picture of palm trees. Palm trees, of course, have absolutely nothing to do with playing games. But, I do like the new look. I find it very relaxing. What do you think?

Saturday, December 31, 2011

I am a little bit ashamed to admit that I still have not gone to the gym. I decided to wait until after the holidays were over. Well, now that they are, I have run out of excuses. My doctor has been on a two month vacation and I told her before she left that I would start exercising. My next appointment is the week after next, so I really need to begin next week. I also want to take a moment to wish everybody a happy and healthy New Year! Let's all hope that 2012 will be a great year.

What's New pages:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

If You Enjoyed This Post, Please Take 5 Seconds To Share It.

0 comments:

Post a Comment